Monday, August 4, 2008

Guangzhou Zoo

Today we visited the Guangzhou Zoo. Our guide Judy and her son Mike went with us while one of Judy's workmates went to our Consulate Appt. We were able to see 10 pandas that have been moved from Chengdu since the earthquake. We also rode the safari tram to see lots of other animals. This zoo is huge! Lucy really could have cared less, she just likes riding in the stroller ;)







Tomorrow we go to the Consulate and take our Oath at 2:45. It is hard to believe that tomorrow is our last full day here! We cannot wait to see those boys!!! We love you!

18 comments:

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

It is great you got to see the Pandas...

Truly Blessed said...

OMGosh -- you must have gone to a wonderful zoo -- much nicer than the one we went to. Love it.

I can't believe your journey is nearly at an end. Your boys must be thrilled that you're coming home!

Leslie said...

So glad you got to see the pandas! Wow, just one more day, enjoy every minute of it! I bet you can hardly wait to introduce her to her 3 big brothers!

jennifer said...

I know you must be getting anxious to get back home! I'm sure those boys are ready for you to be home too! Can't wait to see the homecoming!

Carol said...

Oh I second the wonderful zoo....the one in Xian is ......well enough said......

Anonymous said...

Your pictures have been fabulous and I have loved being able to go along with you! I can't wait to see you all and know you will be ready to settle in at home. Enjoy these final days and good luck on the flight home.

Forever in my heart said...

I am so jealous, Toby is feeding a giraffe, OH MY GOSH I love it. Oh the pandas are so cute. they are looking pretty happy in their new habitat, I have to work on Lucy to loving those giraffes with grammy.
I know you are ready to come home to see the boys what a wonderful experience this has been for you. We are all so ready for you to come home. we miss you and we all want to share in Lucy's life.
I love you
mom

Anonymous said...

We are ready for you and can't wait till Wednesday!!!

Love Pop and the Boys.

Anonymous said...

i have loved keeping up on your blog and Lucy looks so happy and is adorable! can't wait to see you guys and meet your new little girl when you get hom!

Anonymous said...

I can't beleive how much stuff you've done and what great memories you have made for lucy and yourselves!! This really sounds as though youhave had just the perfect trip .... I am SO happy for you ALL !!!

Also the - photos of Jiang ZhiQiong were a BIG hit and Wacap says they will be very helpful in finding him a family! THANKYOU for sending them along!

Best wishes for a safe journey HOME!

Bonnie (Creighton & Reilly)

Anonymous said...

wow..
those animals are awesome!!
and im ready for you guys to come home :)
lucy is going to have fun at our house ;)

i miss you and love you

~BLAKE~

Anonymous said...

Wait! There must be more Zoo pictures? The animals are nice, but we can not see what outfit Lucy wore to the Zoo! ;)

Vickie

Colleen said...

I am SO very much enjoying following Lucy's journey! The pictures are adorable!! Look out big brothers...here comes Lucy;)!! Enjoy your last days in China and many blessings for a smooth trip home!!

Anonymous said...

Can I have one guess who the pictures of the giraffes were for? :>) You must be so ready to get home to the boys. They seem very anxious to meet their new little sister. Dawn & Toby, I pray for a pleasant and safe trip home.
Love, Barb

Jodee said...

Great zoo pictures! I bet you are counting down the hours until you see your boys again! They are going to be great big brothers!

Anonymous said...

Well for me the Panda's are my favorites. I guess Lucy is too young to appreciate rhe animals the way we do here. What a fabulous trip you've had. Lucy's life is trully blessed. Have a safe flight home. Love, Pat

redmaryjanes said...

Wow, when you say two weeks it seems like such a long time, but truly it seems to have gone by quickly with you all.
I cannot wait for the boys to see Lucy. I'm sure that will be very emotional...when your children are all together for the first time.

Erin said...

Lucy probably loves to be outside.You are getting so close to home, Dawn! I know it is nice to have someplace to go to get out of the hotel room!