This is our last post from Changsha. We will receive Lucy's passport this afternoon and then head to the airport and fly to Guangzhou. We are in the home stretch!! Tonight she will leave the Hunan province, but she will always be a Hunan Girl!! That is what we love about her!
Tomorrow morning (Saturday) she will have her medical exam. We are anxious to see how much she weighs. The day we got her she weighed 22 lbs. Her eating has slowed down considerably...I think she had never seen or been offered so much food in her little life that she thought she must try it all. She is now eating like a hearty 3 year old. She loves noodles and watermelon the most!
Luckily this flight is only one hour, I think the whole plane will know she is on it! Wish us luck!!
Powell, Blake & Bennett - 5 more days and Lucy will truly know how blessed she is when she meets the 3 of you! Thank you for loving her before you ever met her, and we know she is going to bless your lives beyond your wildest dreams!!!
Love, Mom & Dad


19 comments:
Good luck and good trip and we love Lucy's heart and soul!!!
We can't wait to see you next week!
Love Pop and the Boys
we love you lucy joy! enjoy your flight! and we love you too parsons!!!!! xoxoxoxo
We hope all goes well. Good luck on the flight. She looks like an angel how can she be anything else.
We love you. Be safe. Can not wait to hear how much she weighs also
Love
Mom
I have loved every day of this Blog. God has truly blessed your family with a lovely little girl. Can't wait to meet her at Christmas. Love you all,Pat
I know you will be happy to be on the next leg of your journey! Libby weighs 24 pounds. I think girls from that area are very small. She also LOVES watermelon and noodles. Someone told us that Hunan is the watermelon capital of China. Lucy is just looking so very happy. I can't wait to see her with her brothers. Truly, there is nothing more wonderful than that moment. Nothing. To know that your entire family is together for the first time.
My kind of girl all dressed in PINK!! PINK ROCKS! love the sunglasses! Have a safe trip. Barb
Wow, exciting pictures. Reminds me of our trip.
We all admire those cute little pictures and descriptions of Lucy, the Hunan girl.
Please post more pictures at home. I am very anxious to see the conclusion of your unique adventure.
Best wishes from America.
Max
I have so enjoyed reading about yout time in China. Lucy is radiant and you all look pretty darn happy too! Hope the flight went well and I look forward to another dose of beautiful Lucy tomorrow~
Don't worry about the flight -- it will all be new and exciting and she should be just fine. I'm sure, as experienced parents, you have a bag of "tricks" up your sleeves...
What a tiny little pumpkin she is -- 22 lbs. at 3 years? Even my teeny tiny Ella is almost 22 labs (at 20 1/2 months). Katie would bowl little Lucy over -- she's closer to 30!
Looking forward to the next installment (and hoping to hear good news that Peter has all three bottles DONE!!!).
Wishing you continued success and uneventful travels, and praying for your safe and happy return.
Vaya con Dios.
--a reader of K1's blog
That cheesy smile is too funny! You're almost there! Good luck on the plane. I hope everything is very smooth.
Good Luck with the flight. I want to send a word of advice that I have received from a couple of Moms. Do not give her Benadryl, evidently some of the girls have had some pretty serious allergic reactions.
Sending big hugs to you guys!
We are so excited for all of you - Our family was blessed with Emma Jade five years ago and she has truly brought so much joy. Lucy is so beautiful and it will be so awesome to see her grow. Just as you are lucky, she is coming into an amazing family.It was so fun reading all about your journey - thank-you so much for including us. We will continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers as you travel home. The Lamb family
Sheeesh..... Can Lucy get any cuter??!!??? She is such a doll! I just love checking in each morning to see what Lucy is up to! Enjoy your trip to Guangzhou. I am sure that Lucy will keep all the shopkeepers in Guangzhou in stitches!!!! You are alomost on the home stretch!!
Blessings,
Rhonda
I love her sunglasses! She is so cute! Good luck with your flight...I can't wait to see your boys with Lucy!
Wow!! It has been so fun following your post and living vicariously through you all as we continue to wait (today we are LID 29 months). Lucy looks like a sweet and happy girl and I know she will bless your lives. Hoep the flight to Guangzhou went well.
Blesings, the Barkers
Have a safe flight... oh her smile is something to behold...
Welcome home early..incase I miss you...it's been fun following you!!!
Have a wonderful flight!! Are you staying at the White Swan? I'll be interested to hear what Lucy thinks of the massive breakfast buffet!! (If you need a taste of home, go to the Songbird Cafe which is on the main lobby floor for some pizza and ice cold Coke; pizza is almost like US.)
Enjoy your time in Guangzhou -- you willeb back in the 'real world' soon enough!
Bonnie (Creighton & Reilly)
Post a Comment