Friday, July 25, 2008

The Real "I Love Lucy" show!

"Lucy & Ricky" beds



We arrived in Changsha...a "medium" sized city...according to our guide, Mr. Chao, of 5.5 million!!


It is a busy city, with traffic the exact way it has been described...crazy!! The Dolton Hotel is beautiful. We are on the same floor as the playroom, so that will come in handy. The pictures are of our room...2 beds, narrower than doubles, but a little wider than a twin...hence the title of this post:) And, also a "toddler" size crib for Lucy (if she wants)
So, for the "bad" news...we will not be getting Lucy until Monday July 28th at 9:30. I am not really surprised, as the original day was a Sunday, so I thought it could be Monday. So, tomorrow we will try to visit the Hunan Provincial Museum and see a 2100 year old woman...Mr. Chao says, "she's not very pretty" That is probably a better activity to do without a 3 year old....don't you think??
So far, my brave husband has tried dried squid and duck "jerky"...he liked both. The most adventurous thing for me so far is Cucumber chips!
Powell, Blake and Bennett...we love you so much and hope you're having a great time. Mr. Chao thought it was very cool that Lucy will have 3 bodyguards...boy was he right!
Well, that's all for today...we might head down to the bowling alley in the hotel, or maybe see a movie next door to the hotel...in English with Chinese subtitles.
Good Night!

14 comments:

Forever in my heart said...

I love your room!It does look like Ricky and Lucy. I love the little bed for Lucy. I waited so long for you to post new pictures I just wanted to see that little bed in there so I could still know this was happening and not a crazy dream.
I don't think I can wait until Monday, Actually that will be our sunday so I will try to hold on. I can not wait to hear what the boys have to say about Toby's food choices. I am sure they are having a great time with PoP.
I love and miss you guys so much and can not wait to see pictures of you with my new granddaughter.
Make sure one of the kisses you give her are from me.I just know I am gonna love this child more than I thought possible.
Please take care, Be safe and now the angels are with you.
Love
Mom

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Nothing beats anything 'Lucy and Ricky'... hehehe... I can't wait to see Lucy myself... as for what your Mum said about seeing her granddaughter - that bought me to tears... knowing my mum is 10,000 miles from me (back in Australia) and will not really get to see Shauna (when it is our turn to get her)... but knowing how much my mum is looking forward to seeing Shauna (the namesake of her daughter who was still born in 1972)...
Anyway, I am glad to hear hubby is daring and tasting that Jerky... I will stick with the Jerky I sell in our business... hehehe... take care

Anonymous said...

Hello Parsons!! -- I received word from ChangDe this morning!! They know you are in Changsha and are VERY excited for you to receive JingXuan!! Smile Cao (the guide) called my friends at the SWI to say that he had met you -- Smile is a wonderful guide!! Please tell him hello from Miss Bonnie from America and tell him that little XiaoFang (my Reilly) still talks about him!! We are SO excited to see some new photos of JingXuan with her new Mama and Baba!! MUCH LOVE TO JINGXUAN and MANY GOOD WISHES TO YOU ALL!!

Bonnie Ward (& Creighton & Reilly)

Steffie B. said...

We stayed at the Dolton too....I loved it there....have a wonderful time....

Anonymous said...

i totally thought those pix were from somewhere else! i had to go back up and look! haha the real i love lucy show is right! and yeah, toby is brave for trying those foods! ewe!! monday will come before you know it! have fun enjoying china in the meantime! im sure you will find something to buy for miss lucy! love you guys!!

Joanne said...

Your hotel seems beautiful and modern and comfy...um, the beds really are out of the show though! Your mom's post gave me goosebumps - Lucy is also blessed with a wonderful grandmother too!!

Joanne said...

Your hotel seems beautiful and modern and comfy...um, the beds really are out of the show though! Your mom's post gave me goosebumps - Lucy is also blessed with a wonderful grandmother too!!

Anonymous said...

Hi from the Funai's! We are so excited for you on this incredible adventure!! From the pictures, China looks beautiful. What a beautiful gift God sent you through the music in the church, His gentle voice of pleasure at your following His plan for your life and Lucy's! You are in our thoughts and prayers as we anxiously await Monday's posting!

Much Love & God's Blessings,
The Funais

"Things which eye has not seen and ear has not heard, and which have not entered the heart of man all that God has prepared for those who love Him." 1Cor. 2:9

Tiffany said...

It is wonderful to see you guys in China...not much longer and Miss Lucy will be with you.
I love seeing your room with the little bed in it! Sure is a nice feeling isn't it?
Blessings to you guys... our thoughts and prayers are with you!

jennifer said...

How cute! The "I love Lucy" room is totally fitting. Can't wait to see Lucy in your arms.

Your mom's comments make me tear up every time! So sweet!

redmaryjanes said...

It looks like things are going great! I cannot wait to see pics of Lucy!

Rachel said...

Good luck on Monday as you hold your daughter for the first time. I know how excited you are and am I totally share your excitement although I don't know you. I was in your shoes just four months ago.

I hope Monday goes smoothly and Lucy transitions well. I will be thinking of you!

Rachel

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing such a wonderful blog! Please say hello to Smile from Sadie (10 yrs. old, adopted from ChangDe, aka LiChun)tell him we met him at the embroidery factory when Sadie and Mom went back for a visit in 2004. If you go to ChangDe there are simple stalls to shop in (and mall type stores) to buy adorable girl clothing - our girls still have outfits we bought for years to come. If you get the chance please tell the orphanage that Sadie sent them a letter and photos....

Your Lucy is absolutely adorable and I wish I could meet her someday - ya' never know! Best wishes for a safe and happy journey...have fun and enjoy the ride!
Linda & Steve Larson and kiddos,
Sadie (ChangDe, 10.9 yrs.)
Sophie (Hoi An, Vietnam, 9 yrs.)

Truly Blessed said...

How frustrating that you have to wait an extra day -- they did the same thing to us with Katie's adoption, so I understand the frustration you're feeling.

However, you're so close, you WILL meet her, and you're breathing the same air, that's pretty cool, don't you think?