Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Lucy...here we come!


To our sweet Lucy Joy Jing Xuan~
I cannot believe the time is finally here. Tomorrow Daddy and I will board a plane and fly to the only place you have ever called home. As you spend your last few days in an orphanage...I wonder if you have any idea of what is to come. Your world as you have known it will change forever.
We are so excited to hold you in our arms and tell you that we will never let you go. We have prayed for you and prepared for you , and we cannot wait to "officially" make you part of our family.
We are looking forward to spending time with you in your birth country, and getting to know the people and places that you have called home for 3 1/2 years. We are also looking forward to bringing you to your new home and introducing you to so many family and friends who are so anxious to meet you.
We love you so much,
Mommy

18 comments:

Leslie said...

Oh Dawn, I am so excited for you and your family! I can't wait to see you and Lucy together for the first time! I am in a little remote cabin on top of a mountain and with no tv but I can still get my internet! Thankfully, because I can't wait to follow along on this journey! You are in our prayers! Did you get the little package I sent? She just HAD to have it!

k1 said...

In exactly 24 hours you will be taking off from SeaTac!

Rhonda said...

I am on pins and needles with anticipation and excitement for you all! Safe travels and now - GO GET THAT GIRLIE!!!!

Blessings,

Rhonda

Tiffany said...

I am SOOOO excited for you!!!!!!!!!!

Heather said...

Okay, so the stalking has begun:)

We love you, girl and I feel like I have waited right beside you! Strange, but true.

Be blessed and have a wonderful trip. We will all be right here.

Love,
Heather

Steffie B. said...

praying for you......cant' wait to see you with precious Lucy! ;)

Cheri said...

How exciting! I can not wait to see you and your husband with Lucy! You must be so excited and nervous all in one. Sending prayers your way.

Kim said...

I can't wait to follow your journey. Enjoy every minute and soak everything up while you are in China.

Blessings to you,
Kim

Colleen said...

Lucy your family is on their way!!!!!!! Yippee!!!! Can't wait to follow your journey!!!!!

Carol said...

Can't wait to see her!!! Please tell us you are blogging in China!!!!

Anonymous said...

God's blessing to you all. It is awesome to see God's miracles first hand. Have a safe and wonderful trip. You all are in my prayers. God bless...

Dianne said...

I am praying for you all to have a wonderful trip. Hurry home with Lucy. Many joyful days await!

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Have the safest flight and can't wait to see little Lucy... take care

Truly Blessed said...

Are you there yet? I just cannot wait to see you united with your sweet Lucy!

I hope you got my email before you left (in reply to your email to me). I will be checking in as often as I can to see your updated posts (but no pressure, write when you can).

Have a WONDERFUL TRIP!!!

Forever in my heart said...

Dear Dawn and Toby, what can I say I can hardly believe that you are on your way to get our Lucy.I will so miss you while you are gone and I can hardly wait to see the first pictures of you two and the then the picture of you both with Lucy Joy. God has so blessed you by allowing you to be her parents. He will guide and protect you and you will fly on angel wings.
I love you both so much. I can hardly stand the wait.
Mom

Anonymous said...

Dawn & Toby, I am so excited for you. I have been following your journey to be with Lucy through your blog and your Mom. I am so happy for your family and can't wait to see a picture of the first time you are together.
Dawn I have watched you grow into an amazing Women, mother and wife. Your Mom has a lot to be proud of, she raised a real beauty. I am praying for a safe trip & can't wait to see Lucy!! Barb

Jenn said...

Just found your blog and am SO excited to catch the most exciting part of your journey!

I'll be praying for you and for your sweet little Lucy!

Blessings,
Jenn

Anonymous said...

Dawn,

I could not help but cry tears of joy for you as finally you will have your sweet Lucy in your arms! I am so excited for you! What an amazing journey! I can't wait to see pictures of you all in China and most of all with Ms. Lucy!!

Have a wonderful and very safe trip!! ((((((HUGS))))))